8.30.2011

The Art of Surprise! #25

So I have been planning Trent's (my fiance) surprise birthday for quite a while! It is his big 3-0 this year and I wanted to make it special. So I had conspired with his family, my family and all of our friends and decided they would all come to our house for a BBQ.

The plan was set! Then a few days before the big day Trent says "why don't we just have a BBQ at the house on Thursday...I had to think quickly and said oh man well this was supposed to be a surprise but I made dinner reservations for just us two that night and your mom is planning something for Sunday...and he looked pleasantly surprised and didn't say another word.

The big day arrived and I was up early cleaning the house, making sooo much food, picking up the cake and decorating it and setting up the chairs etc. People started arriving and Trent showed up to me alone in the garage...I said "SURPRISE!" and he looked confused. Then I opened the garage door to the deck and there was everyone and he was so shocked! It went perfectly!

I loove surprising people, I think I get more enjoyment out of it then the person being surprised.

Challenge to you- surprise someone this weekend, doesn't need to be big just something to  remind them how much you love them.

-Nicky, planning my next surprise, who knows maybe you are next!
@nickydundas on Twitter The Happy Sprinkle on Facebook

Oh, P.S I also tipped a busker downtown, $5 bill and he was so happy and we had a company BBQ the other day and we collected items for the food bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Feedback!